Location of Files on HD

Forums Support & Feedback Location of Files on HD

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    carlos-teran
    Participant

I would like to know in what folder in the HD the e-book files reside.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

It depends. If you have downloaded BookReader from MacAppStore, your Books repository resides in the sandbox container (~/Library/Containers/com.lymes.BookReader/Data/Books). If you have downloaded the app from this side, you will find your books in ~/Books folder.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It seems inconsiderate to dump the books folder in the root of the home directory. Normally an app would choose its own Application Support folder location, or at least a folder inside the Documents folder.

Is there no option or command that can move the location?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Many users have asked for ~/Books location. Previously I opted for ~/Documents/Books folder, but many users asked to move it to the home directory (perhaps for iCloud sync reasons). Well, there is no “move” books folder feature, but we have a “Choose Books Library Directory” feature in our ToDo list. Stay tuned!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well clearly it would be a good idea to enable the user to specify the location of the books. If that was implemented, the user could choose a location in say, Dropbox, and thus sync books between Macs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

… in any case, I simply don’t believe you that “many users have asked for” that location. Point to one!

And your “to do list”, like your app, seems moribund these last two or three years.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.