New Feature Requests

Forums Support & Feedback New Feature Requests

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Please use this topic to issue a new feature requests

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to request two features:
    1. It would be wonderful if I could backup the highlighted and annotated book data outside of the app. (not as exported highlights and notes, but the entire book, so that even if I change my computer, I can still open the same books with highlights, etc.)
    2. It would be great if I could export the highlights in different order–for example, it currently exports highlight in the chronological order of how highlights are made, but I want it to show the highlights in the actual order of the book [i.e., from page 1 to the end]).

Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also would like, if possible, you to enlarge the highlighter button. It happens to me frequently that I mispress the highlighter and highlight the texts in a color different from what I intend to use.

Thank you!

bookreader
    Participant

Hi, could you look to add a manual pronunciation preference to your app, or instead make it obay the system-wide VoiceOver Utility Speech Pronunciation settings.

I like listening to The Bible, and in your app, LORD is spoken as L-O-R-D and GOD as G-O-D. LORD, in is format, is written extensively thoughout, and it seems to be just your app that has a problem spelling the word out instead of saying it.

Very much appreciated if you can fix this.

Thanks
    Rachel

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Rachel, thank you for pointing me to this issue. It probably happens because of extraspaces between the characters. To be sure, could you please to provide me with your copy of The Bible? You can send it at support@macbookreader.com
    Thank you.

bookreader
    Participant

Hi admin,

I tried to send you the book, but I recieved a ‘Delivery Notification: Delivery has been delayed’ today. The original was too big to send, so this was the zipped it, but apparently still too big.

I’ll set up a dropbox share of the book for support@macbookreader.com and do it that way. Let me know if you still don’t get it.

BW
    Rachel

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, please try at support@macbookreader.it

(.it, not .com)

bookreader
    Participant

I think it has now been emailed, but I’ve also shared it with support@macbookreader.it via dropbox

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Rachel,

I tried to re-produce the issue you have referenced, but I didn’t succeed. Please watch this video: Speech Video

BookReader uses the system’s Speech engine, in this case it is voice Alex

What is the voice you’re using? Can you try to change it to any other voice?

bookreader
    Participant

Yes, you’re right, it’s the voice. I’m using a non-Apple voice. It works fine with the Apple ones. It’s an odd one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very happy to have found this app — I’ve been using Calibre’s ePub reader for a long time and for the simple matter of faster loading alone, I love MacBookReader. I think the reading experience is really good; I just want to tweak some of the library features for now. Here’s the one I’ll put forward: I would be ecstatic if the sort order could go in either direction in the various views. Specifically I like my most-recently accessed books to show at the top of the shelf instead of the bottom. That one change alone would go a long way towards my feeling at home in this app.

Cheers and thanks,
    David

dspruce
    Participant

iCloud sync
    Nice app that would be even better if you could sync bookmarks, notes and highlights and last page read between Macs. A iPad version would also be great.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.